Sunday 26 February 2012

Finalist for the Textile Society Undergraduate Student Award

I have got some exciting news this week. The Textile Society have informed me that I am a finalist for the Undergraduate Student Award 2012. They have invited me to show my work in  Manchester on Sunday 4th March at the Antique Textile Fair. It is held at the Armitage Centre, (M14 6HE). The final awards will be judged in the morning and the winners announced at the Graduate Showcase in the afternoon.

I have to display my portfolio of work on my stand where members of the public, textile society members and the judges will visit me. Doors open to the public at 10am.

Preparations for my degree show have been put on hold for a few days so I can get organised. This is all good news for my degree as I am sure my lecturers will see this as a positive. I can log everything I learn from this experience in my studio practise journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment